Helping Senior Citizens Find Peace Of Mind
We help senior citizens, and the people who care about them navigate a complete range of legal issues that affect their lives. We have helped people in matters involving:
- Estate planning — We help people craft strong estate plans that protect their assets and their loved ones. We use a variety of tools, including wills and trusts, to ensure that your wishes are respected, and your family is taken care of.
- Estate litigation and probate — When survivors need help deciphering an estate plan, or when a will contest threatens to tear a family apart, we help personal representatives and other heirs resolve disputes and administer a loved one’s estate fairly.
- Guardianships and conservatorships — Sometimes, the elderly need additional help making decisions about their finances and their futures. We help people establish guardianship and conservatorship of loved ones where appropriate, ensuring that all parties are legally protected.
- Insurance claims — We help people pursue fair compensation from insurance companies and programs, including private disability insurance and Social Security Disability Insurance.
- Long-term care planning — If you need help making decisions about nursing homes or other long-term care options, we can help you plan for those arrangements personally and financially.
- Real estate matters — Later in life, many adults choose to sell their homes or pass on real property to loved ones. We have extensive experience in real estate law, allowing us to handle these matters effectively.
Comprehensive, Compassionate Representation
Our attorneys have more than 55 years of combined experience in a full range of legal matters. Most of that time has been spent right here in South Dakota, where we put our skills and experience to work to help the community. We are committed to helping seniors live happy, fulfilling lives by helping them meet the legal challenges of getting older.
Contact Our Lawyers
To learn more about our elder law practice, we encourage you to contact our office for an initial consultation. Contact us today at 605-277-4206 or toll-free at 800-869-9579, to begin protecting your rights and your loved ones.